Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It is related to indexes!!!

I am a mongodb user, I have deployed cluster with mongodb for different apps, I like the mongodb way. Taking that as a premise I try to get as much as possible from my different environments and as the creator I tend to defend my platform, but I am also critical of all the problems and if something is broken I assume that it is my fall until I can discard every known point in the platform.

I realized that sometimes it is not my monster the one that is killing the app, could be something that we are not taking care about. After many experiences (some of them really bitter) and a lot of time watching the performance in MMS and custom tools, my friend Tomas Henriquez gave me the link to a tool that contains the revelation of the day:

"9 of 10 problems with mongo are related to indexes"

OMG, DEX from mongolab.org is an opensource tool for indexes analysis of slow queries!!! now a new cool tools for analyzing what is going on with the platform.

BTW, indexes are really important even for RDBMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment